கட்லா / Catla -Combo (Fry & Curry) -W/O Head-(Net Wt: 500 - 510 gm)
Net Wt.: 500-510 gms -வெட்டி,கழுவி,சுத்தம் செய்ததற்குப்பின் எடை / Weight after Cut, Clean & Wash.
Pcs in a Pack: 8 -10 pcs
Plates served: 3 To 4
Whole Fish Weight: Approx 1.5 Kg - 2.0 Kg
Type of Water in Farming: Fresh Water Fish - Farm Grown
Pickup & Home Delivery on all days except Monday
Farm Grown, Katla / Valarthu Meenu / Bocha-Catla fish are Hygienically processed (Cut, Cleaned, RO washed and vacuum Packed as COMBO at 0-4 °C to avoid decay due to Microbial Reproduction).
Products are Ready to Cook. Catla is a popular freshwater fish in India, a common food source in the Ganges River area where it is abundantly found naturally.
Natural Fresh Lean Protein: 15 %
Catla is an economically important freshwater fish in South Asia and is commonly farmed. It is one of the most important aqua-cultured freshwater species in South Asia and is grown in polyculture ponds.
Catla, the Indian major carp, emerges as the third most beloved freshwater fish in India, gracing the waters of the Ganges River and beyond. Its popularity extends beyond its aquatic realms, becoming a culinary staple in areas it calls home.
Katla: Flavorful Delight with Health at Its Core
The Katla, or Indian major carp, stands out not just for its delicate flavor but as a nutritional powerhouse. Brimming with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vital vitamins B1 and B12, it is a boon to health. Notably, it houses high levels of taurine, a key player in maintaining heart health.
- Heart Health: Catla fish goes beyond tantalizing taste buds; it contributes to heart health, improving cardiovascular well-being.
- Nutrient Richness: A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture reveals Catla's bounty, providing essential nutrients like selenium, calcium, vitamin B12, and niacin.
- Antioxidant Powerhouse: Selenium, a prominent component, showcases antioxidant prowess, offering defense against oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Bone and Muscle Support: Rich in calcium, Catla plays a role in maintaining robust bones, teeth, and muscle tone.
- Vitamin B12 Boost: This crucial vitamin supports the nervous system, reduces fatigue, enhances memory retention, and aids in normal blood cell formation.
- Arthritis Alleviation: Studies hint at the anti-inflammatory effects of Catla fish, offering relief to those grappling with arthritis.
- Catla's versatility extends to the kitchen, where it stars in various culinary creations. From spicy curries to raw delights with lemon juice and a prominent place in traditional Indian pickles, it adds a flavorful touch to diverse dishes.
- Embark on a culinary journey with Catla fish, savoring its taste while reaping the myriad health benefits it brings to the table.
Best way to Cook: Deep Fry, Curry, Pan Fry